Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Healthy Happy 30!

Last weekend, we decided to take the family to an indoor water park. We stayed in a very nice hotel room, ate pizza, played arcade games, and swam ALOT! (And the hubby and I even had a couple cocktails!) It was a great adventure for us, and broke up the blah-ness of the winter months quite nicely.

At age 31, I was going down the water slides, playing tag with the kids in the pool, and proudly wearing a bikini. At one point, I was looking around the water park and noticed something quite interesting. I was definitely in the minority of parents that were partaking in these activities with their children. I was also, oddly enough, probably one of the youngest mom's in the place. I took a moment to count my blessings that I am young enough, healthy enough, and still have the energy to keep up with my daughter. I felt proud to be a 30-something parent! 

Being a mom in my 30's, I possess the ability to be a mature adult when I need to be, yet I can still act like a big kid and get away with it. I love the fact that I can "hang" with my 8-year-old. My daughter still thinks I'm cool, she still wants me to play with her, and I still have the ability to do so without having a stroke. Not to mention, it's really fun being that hot mom in a bikini! (it was an age appropriate bikini of course-no thong! haha


So here's to being healthy, happy, and 30!!! Now let's go have fun with our kids, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment